The whole event, seeing people push themselves further than they thought possible and the support given to you by total strangers was amazing.
– Davina, Thames Path Challenger 2012
We are entering a team in this challenge event – we are going to be walking 25 kms from Putney Bridge along past Hampton Court and it would be great if you could join our ‘Wilderness Wanderers’ team and walk with us on the 14th September.
This 25 kms walk option has just been introduced – starting at Putney Bridge and walking along the river towpath past Hampton Court.
To enter the 25 kms walk costs £35 to register and then we are asking participants to pledge to raise £145 for the Wilderness Foundation UK.
If you would like to join us and would like to register please visit here : http://www.thamespathchallenge.com/register.php
We have created a team called the ‘Wilderness Wanderers’ and to join our team you will need to type in Debbie de Boltz ( team captain) – and the email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note you do not have to join the ‘team’ you can just register as individuals and walk to support the Wilderness Foundation.
THAMES PATH CHALLENGE
Sat 14 – Sun 15 September 2013
Choose your distance, choose Wilderness Foundation UK, and set your watch!
Starting close to Putney Bridge the Thames Path Challenge is an epic endurance walk against the clock following the unique Thames Path National Trail; beautiful scenery, steeped in history, one exceptional challenge.
Take on the ultimate Thames Path Challenge 100km route to Henley, a tough endurance walk within 24 hours.
50km – a daytime walk Putney to Runnymede or Runnymede to Henley. Or an overnight walk from Runnymede to Henley.
This is an epic challenge and with the help of your team mates, us, and a good pair of footwear – it will be a weekend to remember!
- Walk it! – 50km or 100km at a pace that suits you
- Join as an Individual – and we’ll support you all the way!
- Join as a Team – support each other to the finish line!
- Fully supported with rest stops every 12.5km
- Hot food stops provided en-route
- Fully signed route + GPS files + route cards
- Pace walkers, medics, physios, masseuses
- £35 (25km) / £60 (50km) / £85 (100km) to sign up + fundraising pledge
- Participant Area with training and advice resources
- Training walks to help you prepare and meet the Action Challenge team.
PLACES ON THE CHALLENGE ARE LIMITED SO SIGN UP TODAY!